"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Gandhi

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Lost or Found?

How do you know if you are truly lost, or if you are actually finding yourself?  My life is almost the complete opposite of what it was only 2 years ago.  Basically my plans and dreams were leading me in one direction, then I find out it’s a dead-end.  Ok...back to square one. 

During my transition of leaving my marriage, my job was a welcomed pillar of stability.  However, as of last month...I am unemployed.  Down goes that last pillar.  Now what?  And that really is the big question.  Now what?  I have no idea.  What do I want to do?  I have no idea. 

But...I figure, everything has pretty much fallen apart, so instead of jumping back into the ring, why not take a step back, and find out what I actually enjoy.  I could go back into an office job...that does offer a measure of stability; or I can find a way to make money at something that brings a bit of light and joy to my life.  I want a sense of contentment and peace, and I have to discover where I will find that.  Do you love what you do?  Do you do what you love?  Is that a rarity?  I hope not.

If I could earn a living being an artist...I would.  It’s something I may explore.  I guess that’s it...I want to explore.  I want to find out what makes me happy and find a way to make a living at it!  Naturally this is my optimistic, head-cheerleader attitude, which is bound to falter when I have no money...but I’m here now!
 

So...am I lost, or am I going to find myself?  I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment